The Manufacturing Management program puts students on the fast track to leadership careers in a variety of manufacturing industries, including food and beverage, medical instruments, tooling, plastics, and aerospace. Designed for students with degrees or diplomas in related programs,, the program condenses a range of advanced manufacturing management skills into one year of intensive study. Student will gain a competitive edge in the job market and open up a pathway to professional advancement in manufacturing management.
Student will develop expertise in every aspect of manufacturing management, including:
- Production management
- Operations management
- Resource planning
- Manufacturing processes and equipment
- Advanced programmable controls
- Plant layout
- Production planning and control
- Quality assurance
- Environmental compliance
- Postsecondary diploma or degree in science or engineering* is required
* Applicants with postsecondary qualifications from another discipline require at least three years of industrial experience.
- At least one year of industrial experience and some basic exposure to a CAD system would be an asset.
· IELTS score = 6.00 bands
Selection on the basis of demonstrated competence through related work and/or educational experience.
Postsecondary transcripts, indicating courses completed to date, must be submitted along with application. Applicants may be required to complete English testing to demonstrate proficiency.
Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements for this program will be assessed and advised individually and may be considered for other, related programs.
The nature of available manufacturing management job opportunities will vary from graduate to graduate, depending on previous work experience. Possible job titles include:
- Plant/General/Operations Manager
- Manufacturing/Production/Operations Manager/Supervisor
- Product Engineering Manager
- Warehousing/Manufacturing Manager
- Design Manager
- Project Manager
- Factory Supervisor